Spinach and Courgette Pate Recipe
Spinach and Courgette Pate Recipes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
375g courgettes, sliced
375g spinach, washed
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
250g curd cheese
50g fresh white breadcrumbs
2 tsp chopped basil
2 tsp chopped marjoram
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp melted butter
salt and pepper
- Heat oil, add onion, courgettes
and fry 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned.
- Remove from pan with a slotted
spoon and drain, puree in food processor.
- Place the spinach with water that
clings to the leaves after washing.
- Cook, stir, 10 minutes until
tender, drain and chop finely.
- Add the nutmeg and season to taste
with salt and pepper.
- Place courgette puree in saucepan
and set over a gentle heat 2-3 minutes to dry out.
- Transfer to a bowl, beat in curd
cheese, breadcrumbs, basil, marjoram, season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in beaten egg to bind.
- Brush the inside of a 500g loaf
tin with melted butter.
- Line the base with greaseproof
paper, brush with more melted butter.
- Spoon half the courgette mixture
into the base of tin, press down firmly and level the surface.
- Spread spinach in an even layer
over the top, cover with remaining courgette mixture and press down
- Cover tin with buttered foil,
place in roasting tin.
- Pour water into roasting tin to
come half way up the sides, place in oven, 325F, gas mark 3, 75
minutes until mixture feels firm and set when a knife is inserted
into the centre.
- Remove from roasting tin, leave to
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Loose the sides of the pate from
tin with a knife, turn out to a serving plate; peel off the paper.
- Cut into slices and ready to
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetarian Light Lunches Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |