Leek and Potato Soup Recipe
Leek and Potato Soup Recipes
1 oz butter
2 large leeks, finely sliced
8 oz potatoes, roughly diced
1 onion, roughly chopped
1.25 pints chicken stock
1/2 pint milk
salt and pepper
1 tbsp snipped chives, to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large
- Add the leeks, potatoes and onion
and stir well to coat with the butter.
- Cover tightly with a piece of
greaseproof paper and cook over a very low heat, stirring
frequently, for about 15 minutes, or until softening, but not
- Add the stock or water and milk
and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat
and simmer gently for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are
- Transfer the soup to a food
processor and process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan,
adjust the seasoning if necessary and heat through.
- Pour into individual bowls,
garnish with chives and serve immediately.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |