Summer Lentil Stew Recipe
Summer Lentil Stew Recipes
2 tbsp oil
2 medium onions
2 celery sticks
4 small courgettes
1 garlic clove
900 ml stock or water
1/4 tsp ground coriander
salt and pepper
225 g lentils
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add chopped onions and sliced
- Do not peel the courgettes, but
slice them thinly and add to the pan.
- Skin the tomatoes and remove the
- Chop the flesh roughly and add to
- Add the crushed garlic.
- Fry gently until the vegetables
are soft and golden, stirring well.
- Add the stock or water, coriander,
salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and add the
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour until
the lentils are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley.
Vegetables add flavor and form a rich
sauce for the lentils in this stew which may be a main dish or an
accompaniment to meat, poultry or fish.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |