Lentil Rissoles Recipe
Lentil Rissoles Recipes
225 g lentils
600 ml water
1 tsp ground coriander
salt and pepper
1 medium onion
2 medium carrots
2 celery sticks
2 tbsp oil
150 kg wholemeal bread crumbs
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
25 g wholemeal plain flour
oil for frying
- Put lentils into a pan with the
water, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Chop the onion, carrots, and
- Cook in the oil until soft and
- Add to the lentils and continue
cooking for 1 hour until the lentils are soft.
- Stir in half the breadcrumbs and
- Place on a shallow dish and leave
- Shape the mixture into 8 flat
- Coat with the flour, then beaten
egg and finally the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Fry in shallow oil until crisp and
golden on both sides.
- Serve hot with a sauce.
Crisply fried lentil cakes which may be
served with tomato or mushroom sauce, or with yoghurt flavored with
plenty of garlic and mixed herbs.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |