Italian Eggplant and Mushrooms Recipe
Italian Eggplant and Mushrooms Recipes
purple and white eggplants
garlic, finely chopped
size green pepper, cut into thin strips
- Trim the eggplants and cut them
lengthwise into 1/4" slices.
- Arrange the slices in a single
layer on a large plate.
- Sprinkle them with the salt and
let stand for 10 minutes.
- Rinse well and drain in a large
- Lay a sheet of paper towel on a
- Put the eggplant slices in the
center of the paper towel and top with the garlic, basil, mushrooms
and green pepper.
- Fold the corners of the paper
towel over the vegetables.
- Top with another sheet and tuck
the corners under the packet.
- Pour the water evenly over the
packet and microwave on high 100% for 61/2-9 minutes,
until the vegetables are tender, rotating the plate once during
- Remove the packet from the
microwave and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Open the packet, arrange the vegetables in a bowl and sprinkle them with the olive oil just before serving.
Combining tender young purple and white eggplants looks picturesque, but if white eggplant is hard to find, the dish will taste good made with the purple ones.
Cooking Tip :
Salting eggplant before cooking leaches excess moisture form the vegetable. Be sure to rinse and drain it well.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Mushrooms Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |