Gram Flour Dumplings In a Tangy Yoghurt
Curry Cooking Recipe
Gram Flour Dumplings In a
Tangy Yoghurt Curry Cooking
rounds (1/4" thick)
(methi dana) seeds
- Whisk yoghurt, salt, red chili
powder, turmeric powder and half the gram flour together in a bowl.
- Keep aside.
- Sieve the other half of the gram
flour and soda bi-carb together, add the carom seeds and mix enough
water to make a thick batter.
- Beat well.
- Add green chilies.
- Heat enough oil in a wok to deep
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter in
the oil to get 1.5" puffy dumplings.
- Fry till golden brown on both
- Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the ground nut oil (3 tbsp)
in a handi (pot), add the yoghurt mixture and water (3 cups).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and
simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid the yoghurt
- Add the potatoes and onions and
cook till potatoes are done.
- Add the dumplings and simmer for 3
- Heat the remaining oil (1 tbsp) in
a small frying pan.
- Add the cumin, mustard and
fenugreek seeds and sauté till the cumin crackles.
- Add the whole red chilies.
- Pour this tempering over the
simmering hot kadhi.
- Remove to a bowl and serve hot,
accompanied by boiled rice.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Indian Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |