Corn Fritters Cooking Recipe
Corn Fritters Cooking
sweet corn or 375 g (12oz) frozen or canned sweet corn kernels
- Cut the corn off the cob in thin slices and
collect the kernels in a medium sized bowl.
- Blend these or the frozen or canned kernels
(drain off liquid) with beaten eggs.
- Fold in the flour to make a batter that just
holds together when dropped into the hot oil.
- Season with a little salt if desired.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil and butter to
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls (tbsp) into the pan
and fry on both sides until golden.
- It takes about 2 minutes.
- Remove and dry on greaseproof paper.
- To keep fritters hot and crunchy, place them on a
baking sheet in a warm oven (150C/300F/Gas 2) until ready to serve,
but do not keep them in the warming oven for too long they lose
Makes about 30 fritters
There is nothing like the taste of fresh
corn straight off the cob, but don't despair if this is not readily
available. Canned sweet corn kernels make an ideal substitute.
To peel tomatoes, drop them into boiling
water for a minute, or a little longer in hot sink water, then transfer
to cold water to prevent the flesh softening.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Dinner, Party Dishes Vegetable Cooking Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |