Cheesy Wagon Wheels Recipe
Cheesy Wagon Wheels Recipes
225 g self
mixture of margarine and white vegetable cooking fat
tbsp tomato ketchup
Cheddar cheese, grated
salted peanuts, finely chopped
1 Grade 4
egg for brushing, well beaten
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
- Cut in fats until they look like
- Add milk in one go and dray
mixture together with fingertips.
- Turn out on to a lightly floured
surface and knead briefly until smooth.
- Wrap and refrigerate 1/2 hour.
- Roll out fairly thinly into a
rectangle measuring 15 by 10" (37.5 cm by 25 cm).
- Spread with tomato ketchup, taking
it to edges of pastry.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top,
followed by the nuts.
- Roll up, starting from one of the
- Cut into 14 slices.
- Transfer to 2 well greased baking
trays and brush with egg.
- Bake 1 shelf above and 1 shelf
below oven center set to hot, 425F, Gas 7.
- Allow about 12-15 minutes and
reverse position of trays half way through baking.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Eat when warm for preference.
When cold, the Wagon Wheels can go into
the packed lunch box.
Makes about 14
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Dinner, Party Dishes Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |