Pastry Shells for Vegetables Recipe
Pastry Shells for Vegetables Recipes
butter or margarine, cubed
plain flour, sifted
- Blend butter and egg yolk together
in a food processor.
- Add flour and water, process until
mixture just combines.
- Remove, knead into a ball but do
not handle too much.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Rest in refrigerator for 30
- Cut greaseproof paper to fit
individual flan tins, grease lightly.
- Roll out pastry on a floured
- Cut circles to line small flan
- Ease pastry into tins, roll off
edge with rolling pin.
- Chill flan tins for 10 minutes.
- Place prepared greaseproof paper
(greased side to pastry) in tins.
- Weight with beans.
- Bake blind for 5 minutes in a very
hot oven 220C (450F).
- Remove paper and beans.
- Lower temperature to 180C (350F).
- Cook for another 10 minutes or
- Cool slightly then unmould.
- Pastry shells can be stored in
airtight tin until they are needed.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
Crops, Vines Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |