Vegetable Tempura Cooking Recipe
Vegetable Tempura Cooking
Dipping Sauce :
small red capsicum
small green capsicum
light vegetables oil, for deep frying
plain flour, for dusting
plain flour, sifted
mirin (sweet Japanese wine)
sake (Japanese rice wine)
- Cut the broccoli into small
florets, leaving the stalk on.
- Finely slice the onion, and cut
the capsicums and the carrot into very thin strips.
- Cut the beans to the same length,
and cut in half lengthways.
- To make batter : whisk the water
and egg yolk in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the flour over the top
and stir in lightly with chopsticks or a fork until just combined.
- The mixture will be lumpy.
- Half fill a medium heavy based pan
with the oil and heat it to hot.
- Dust the vegetables in flour,
shaking off any excess.
- Using tongs, gather a small bunch
of vegetables (about two pieces of each kind of vegetable) and dip
into the batter, pushing any lumps to one side; allow the excess to
- Carefully lower the bunch of
vegetables into the oil.
- Hold submerged in the oil for a
few seconds until the batter begins to set and the vegetables hold
- Release from the tons and cook
until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat until all the vegetables
- Serve immediately with the dipping
- To make dipping sauce : Place all
the ingredients in a bowl whisk until the sauce is combined.
Serves 4 - 6
Preparation : 30 minutes
Cooking : 15 minutes
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetarian Light Lunches Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |