Vegetables Lasagne Recipe
Vegetables Lasagne Recipes
Béchamel Sauce :
cloves garlic, crushed
carrot, finely chopped
celery stick, finely chopped
button mushrooms, sliced
red capsicum, chopped
can crushed tomatoes
chopped fresh basil
dried lasagna sheets
English spinach, chopped
grated Cheddar cheese
- Slice the eggplants lengthways.
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside
for 20 minutes.
- Rinse well and pat dry.
- Brush the eggplant slices lightly
with half the olive oil.
- Cook under a preheated moderate
grill until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large
heavy based pan.
- Add the onion and cook over medium
heat for 5 minutes, or until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic, carrot and celery,
and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and capsicum;
cook for 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato
paste, wine, vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to the boil; reduce the heat
and simmer, uncovered for 1 hour.
- Add the basil; set aside.
- To make Béchamel Sauce: Melt the
butter in a pan; add the flour.
- Stir over low heat for 2 minutes,
or until the mixture is golden.
- Remove the pan from the heat and
gradually stir in the milk.
- Return to the heat and bring to
the boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, add the
ricotta and stir until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to moderate
- Lightly grease a 12 cup (3 liters)
- Spread a thin layers of vegetable
sauce over the base and top with layer of the lasagne sheets.
- Build up with a layer of vegetable
sauce, spinach, eggplant and Béchamel Sauce.
- Continue layering in this order,
finishing with the Béchamel Sauce.
- Sprinkle the combined cheeses over
the top and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the lasagne is cooked
and the cheese is golden brown.
- Leave the lasagne for 10 minutes
Preparation : 40 minutes
Cooking : 2 hours 10 minutes
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetarian Light Lunches Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |