Spinach and Cheese Dumplings Cooking Recipe
Spinach and Cheese
For the butter :
leaf spinach, defrosted, squeezed and chopped
Parmesan cheese fresh basil sprigs, to garnish
pinch of grated nutmeg
basil sprigs, to garnish
- Place all the gnocchi ingredients except the basil in a bowl and
- Take small pieces of the mixture, about the size of a walnut,
and roll each one back and forth a few times along the prongs of a
fork until ridged.
- Repeat until you have 28 gnocchi and lay on a tray lined with
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, reduce the heat
slightly, and drop the gnocchi into the simmering water.
- They will sink to the bottom at first, but as they cook they
will rise to the surface - this will take about 2 minutes, then
simmer for about 1 minute.
- Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and transfer to a
lightly greased and warmed ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the gnocchi with a little Parmesan cheese and grill
under a high heat for about 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan and stir in the lemon rind
and juice, basil and seasoning.
- Pour a quarter of the hot butter over each portion of gnocchi
and garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve hot.
These little dumplings are known as gnocchi in Italy.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetarian Light Lunches Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |