Ratatouille Cooking Recipes
aubergines, roughly chopped
courgettes, roughly chopped
pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
yellow peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
parsley or basil sprigs, to garnish
- Sprinkle the aubergines and courgettes with salt, then put them
in a colander with a plate and weight on top to extract the bitter
- Leave for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions, fry gently for about 6 -7 minutes, until just
softened, then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Rinse the aubergines and courgettes and pat dry with kitchen
- Add to the pan with the peppers, increase the heat and sauté
until the peppers are just turning brown.
- Add the herbs and coriander seeds, then cover the pan and cook
gently for about 40 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and season well.
- Cook gently for a further 10 minutes, until the vegetables are
soft but not too mushy.
- Remove the sprigs of herbs.
- Stir in the torn basil leaves and check the seasoning.
- Leave to cool slightly and serve warm or cold, garnished with
sprigs of parsley or basil.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetarian Light Lunches Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |