Onion and Thyme Tart Cooking
Onion and Thyme Tart Cooking Recipes
For the base:
cream or natural yoghurt
pinch of ground mace or nutmeg
- Heat the butter or oil in a medium size frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook over low heat for 10 -12 minutes, until
soft and golden.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas 7.
- For the base, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a
- Using a pastry blender or tow knives, cut the butter into the
dry ingredients until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and stir in lightly with a wooden spoon to make a
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
- Pat out the dough into a 20cm/8in round.
- Transfer to a deep 20cm/8in baking tin.
- Press the dough into an even layer then cover the dough evenly
with the onions.
- Beat together the egg and soured cream or yoghurt.
- Spread evenly over the onions.
- Sprinkle with the poppy seeds and mace or nutmeg.
- Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes until the egg topping is puffed
- Leave the tart to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Slip a knife between the tart and the tin to loosen, then
un-mould onto a plate.
- Cut the tart into wedges and serve warm.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetarian Light Lunches Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |