Tofu Soup Recipe
Tofu Soup Recipes
1.25 pints groundnut oil
8 oz block ready-fried tofu, diced
1.25 pints water
1 lemon grass stalk
3 lime leaves
1 inch piece of galangal, peeled and
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
10 small fresh green chilies, chopped
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp soy sauce
2 spring onions, sliced lengthways
1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
1 fresh shiitake mushroom, finely sliced
2 oz coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok to 360F, or
until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds.
- Add the tofu and deep-fry for
about 3 minutes until golden.
- Remove form the wok, drain and set
- Put the water, lemon grass, lime
leaves, galangal, salt and sugar in a saucepan, bring to the boil
and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the chilies to the stock,
together with the lime juice, fish sauce, spring onions, carrot and
- Cook over a moderate heat for 6
minutes, then stir in the tofu.
- Serve hot, garnished with
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |