Tasty Bean Soup Recipe
Tasty Bean Soup Recipes
12 oz dried haricot beans
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 onion, sliced
2 celery sticks, sliced
4 oz smoked sausage, diced
13 oz can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp chopped sage
salt and pepper
- Soak the beans overnight in cold
water and drain.
- Place the beans in a large pan
with 2.5 pints water and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Boil for 90 minutes, or until the
beans are just tender.
- Add the carrot, onion, celery,
sausage, tomatoes, tomato puree and sugar and simmer for 20-30
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan.
- Add the shallots and garlic and
fry over a low heat until golden, but not brown.
- Add the sage and mix together.
- Add the shallot mixture to the
- Mix well with a wooden spoon,
season to taste with slat and plenty of pepper, then pour into
warmed individual serving bowls.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |