Summer Bean and Basil Soup Recipe
Summer Bean and Basil Soup Recipes
450 g haricot beans
3 medium carrots
3 medium potatoes
225 g French beans
100 g short macaroni
salt and pepper
4 garlic cloves
25 g fresh basil leaves
50 g grated Parmesan cheese
150 ml olive oil
- Soak the beans in cold water
- Drain well.
- Cover in fresh cold water and
bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, and
- Slice the carrots and leeks
thinly, and dice the potatoes.
- Put into a large pan with the
- Cover with 5 pints (3 liters)
- Bring to the boil and then simmer
without a lid for 30 minutes.
- Slice the courgettes thickly
- Cut the French beans into small
- Add to the soup with the macaroni
and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil again and simmer
for 20 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, prepare
the basil sauce by crushing the garlic and basil leaves to a smooth
paste (this may be done in liquidizer or food processor).
- Stir in the cheese and plenty of
seasoning, and gradually stir in the oil.
- Serve separately with the hot
A simple vegetable soup which is
enhanced by the basil sauce, and which makes a complete meal if served
with crusty white or whole meal bread.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |