Smoky Sweetcorn Soup with Lime Butter Recipe
Smoky Sweetcorn Soup with Lime Butter Recipes
4 sweetcorn cobs, 8 oz each
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
8 oz potato, chopped
1.5 pints vegetable stock
1/2 pint milk, warmed
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
4 oz butter
grated rind and juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp chopped coriander
- First make the lime butter, in a
small bowl beat together the butter, lime rind and juice and the
coriander until evenly combined.
- Add a little salt and pepper to
taste and roll into a log shape.
- Wrap in foil and refrigerate until
- Strip away the outer leaves of the
corn, brush each cob with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook under a preheated grill for
15 minutes, turning frequently until charred on all sides.
- Remove from the heat and leave to
- Heat the remaining oil in a
- Add the onion and garlic and fry
for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the potato and fry for a
further 5 minutes.
- Hold the corn cobs vertically and
cut downwards to remove the kernels.
- Add the kernels to the saucepan,
together with the stock and milk.
- Bring to the boil, cover and
simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a food
processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan, add
the cayenne and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat through gently and serve hot,
garnished with thin slices of lime butter.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |