Roman Bean Soup Recipe
Roman Bean Soup Recipes
225 g haricot or butter beans
1.2 liter stock
1 large onion
1 large carrot
1 garlic clove
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Soak the beans in cold water
- Drain well and cover with stock.
- Add chopped onion, carrot, celery.
- Skin the tomatoes and remove the
- Chop the flesh roughly and add to
- Add crushed garlic, grated rind
and juice of the lemon and the bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil, cover and
simmer for 1.5 hours, adding more water or stock in necessary.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Put half the soup into a
liquidizer and blend until smooth.
- Return to the soup and season to
- Bring to the boil and serve hot
sprinkled with parsley.
A colorful mixture of vegetables and
beans which may be varied according to the flavor of the stock used. A
little crumbed crisp bacon makes a tasty garnish.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |