Navy Bean Soup Recipe
Navy Bean Soup Recipes
3 1/2 cups
carrots, thinly sliced or diced
potato, peeled and diced
tomato sauce (or 1/3 cup tomato paste blended with 2/3 cup water)
extra virgin olive oil
cooked navy beans, rinsed and drained
1 to 2
tbsp minced fresh parsley (optional)
ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the water, onions,
carrots, potato, celery, garlic, basil, and bay leaf in a large
saucepan or Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low
and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and stir in
the tomato sauce and olive oil.
- Combine 1 cup of the soup and 1
1/2 cups of the beans (reserve the remaining 1 1/2 cups of beans) in
a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the soup
pot along with the reserved beans.
- Stir in the parsley, if using, and
season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer over medium heat until hot,
about 5 minutes.
Makes about 1 1/2 quarts
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |