Italian Bean Soup Recipe
Italian Bean Soup Recipes
225 g haricot beans
pinch of ground ginger
1.2 liter milk
1 small onion
salt and pepper
2 egg yolks
25 g melted butter
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
fried bread cubes (optional)
- Soak the beans overnight in cold
- Drain well and then put into a pan
of fresh cold water.
- Bring to the boil, boil for 10
minutes and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Put into a pan with the ginger,
milk, finely chopped onion, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer
for 2 hours, stirring often.
- Beat the egg yolks and butter
together in a bowl and add a few spoonfuls of the hot soup.
- Beat well and add to the soup.
- Reheat gently and serve garnished
- If liked, serve with fried bread
A soothing creamy soup which makes a
complete meal with wholemeal bread.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |