Green Bean and Vegetable Soup with Pesto Recipe
Green Bean and Vegetable Soup with Pesto Recipes
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 leek, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 potato, diced
1 celery stick, sliced
1 tbsp chopped thyme
14 oz canned flageolet beans
1 pint vegetables stock
1 courgette, diced
2 oz French beans, halved
4 oz frozen broad beans, thawed
salt and pepper
4 oz basil leaves
1 oz pine nuts
2 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp coarse salt
2 oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- First make the pesto.
- Put the basil, pine nuts, garlic
and salt in a mortar and pound to a paste with a pestle.
- Mix in the Parmesan.
- Gradually add the olive oil,
working it in well with a wooden spoon, until thick and creamy, set
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the leek and garlic and fry
for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato, celery and thyme
and fry for a further 10 minutes until light golden.
- Stir in the flageolet beans,
together with their liquid and the vegetables stock, return to the
boil, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Add the courgette, French beans
and broad beans and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and
- Ladle the soup into large bowls.
- Stir in a spoonful of pesto and
serve immediately with crusty French bread and grated cheese, if
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |