Chick Pea and Pasta Soup Recipe
Chick Pea and Pasta Soup Recipes
450 g chick peas
5 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
4 anchovy fillets
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp fresh rosemary
1.2 liter water
225 g short macaroni
salt and pepper
- Soak the chick peas overnight in
- Drain well.
- Cover with fresh cold water, bring
to the boil, then simmer for 1/2 hours.
- Drain well and reserve.
- Heat the oil and stir in the
crushed garlic and very finely chopped anchovies.
- Cook very gently for 5 minutes
over low heat, stirring well.
- Skin the tomatoes, remove seeds
and chop the flesh roughly.
- Add to the pan with the parsley,
rosemary and water.
- Add the drained chick peas.
- Bring to the boil, cover and
simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Cook the macaroni in plenty of
boiling salted water for 8 minutes.
- Drain well and add to the soup.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and serve
with plenty of Parmesan Cheese.
This soup takes quite a long time to
cook, but it is very good and tasty and well worth the effort.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |