Butternut Squash and Rosemary Soup Recipe
Butternut Squash and Rosemary Soup Recipes
1 butternut squash
few rosemary sprigs, plus extra to garnish
5 oz red lentils, washed
1 onion, finely chopped
1.5 pints vegetable stock
salt and pepper
- Halve the squash and, using a
spoon, scoop out the seeds and fibrous flesh.
- Cut the squash into smaller chunks
and place in a roasting tin.
- Sprinkle over the rosemary and
season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a preheated oven 400F,
gas mark 6, for 45 minutes.
- Place the lentils in a saucepan.
- Cover with water, bring to the
boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes.
- Strain, then return the lentils to
a clean saucepan with the onion and stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and
- Remove the squash from the oven,
mash with a fork and add to the soup.
- Simmer for 25 minutes and then
ladle into warm bowls.
- Garnish with more rosemary before
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |