Broad Bean and Artichoke Soup Recipe
Broad Bean and Artichoke Soup Recipes
8 oz broad beans
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2.5 pints vegetable stock
2 large potatoes, thickly sliced
1 chicory head, thinly sliced
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp single cream
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 oz parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
4 oz croutons, to serve
- Remove the skis from the broad
- Remove any coarse outer leaves
from the artichokes and chop them into bite-sized pieces, discarding
the hairy choke.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan
over a low heat.
- Add the onion and cook for about 4
minutes until golden.
- Add 4 fl oz of the stock and
simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the broad beans and
artichokes, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chicory to
the pan, then cover with the remaining stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove the potato slices with a
slotted spoon, mash and return to the soup.
- Beat the egg yolks in a soup
tureen, together with the cream, Parmesan and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and
- Gently add the soup, then quickly
stir to mix.
- Serve hot, with croutons.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |