Black Bean Soup Recipe
Black Bean Soup Recipes
450 g black beans
1.2 liter stock or water
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
1 large onion
1 garlic clove
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp red wine
300 ml milk
150 ml soured cream
- Soak the beans in cold water
- Drain well and put into a pan with
the stock or water and bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil, cover and
simmer for 1 1/4 hours.
- Put through a sieve or blend in a
liquidizer, discarding the bay leaf.
- Season well with salt and pepper
and return to a clean pan.
- Chop the onion finely and crush
- Cook in the oil over low heat
until soft and golden.
- Add to the bean purée with the
- Add enough milk to give the
- Reheat gently and add more salt
and pepper if liked.
- Serve with a spoonful of soured
cream in each bowl.
A thick creamy soup which may be made
with red kidney beans. A garnish of soured cream makes a pleasing
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Soup Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |