Webb, Cos or Ice burg lettuce, shredded, washed, dried
stalks, scrubbed, cut into thin diagonal slices
red skinned apples, washed, dried, quartered, cored, diced
walnuts, coarsely chopped
red skinned apple
- Divide lettuce equally between 6
individual salad bowls or dishes.
- Moisten with French dressing.
- Transfer celery, diced apples and
walnuts to mixing bowl.
- Toss with mayonnaise beaten with
- Spoon equal amounts into bowls
- Quarter last apple, remove core,
leave unpeeled and cut into thin slices.
- Brush with lemon juice to prevent
browning then use to garnish salads.
A classic from America and a good
companion to all kinds of poultry.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter