Lentil Salad Recipe
Lentil Salad Recipes
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion
1 garlic clove
1 bay leaf
225 g lentils
1 green pepper
4 tbsp olive
chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil and cook the finely
chopped onion and crushed garlic until soft and golden.
- Add the bay leaf and lentils, and
pour on water to cover.
- Bring to the boil, cover and
simmer for 40 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Drain well and discard the bay
- Leave the lentils to stand for 5
- Skin the tomatoes, discard seeds
and cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Fold into the lentils and put into
a serving bowl.
- Discard the seeds and membranes
from the pepper and dice the flesh.
- Stir into the lentil mixture.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice,
mustard, sugar and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Pour over the warm lentils.
- Cool and then chill for 30
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
It is worth cooking an extra supply of
lentils when preparing other dishes, so that leftovers may be used for
this unusual salad.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetarian Salad Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |