Vegetable Pie with Potato Pastry Recipes
Vegetable Pie with Potato Pastry Recipe
8 oz self-raising flour
6 oz butter
1 tsp salt
8 oz cold mashed potato
1 tbsp milk
1 egg yolk, beaten, to glaze
8 oz mixed vegetables (carrots, broccoli,
cauliflower, parsnips, courgettes), diced
2 tbsp olive oil
4 oz mushrooms, sliced
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
1/4 pint white sauce
3 oz cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper
- To make the pastry, place the flour in
a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the salt and work the mashed
potato into this mixture, adding the milk in a little at a time.
- Knead on a floured board until the
dough is smooth and fairly soft.
- Roll out the pastry and use it to line
a large, shallow ovenproof dish.
- Line the pastry case with greaseproof
paper and fill with baking beans.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400F, gas
mark 6, for 10 minutes.
- Lift out the paper and beans and bake
for a further 5 minutes or until it is light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the mixed vegetables
in salted boiling water until just tender and allow to cool.
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan,
add the mushrooms, try lightly and allow to cool.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, fry
the onions lightly and allow to cool.
- Mix the cooled vegetables into the
white sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pastry from the oven, allow
to cool a little and then fill with the vegetable mixture, spreading
with a palette knife so that it is smooth and flat.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheddar.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the
beaten egg yolk and return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the
cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Serve hot
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Dessert Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |