Filo Pie Recipe
Filo Pie Recipes
450g minced lamb
1 red onion, sliced
30ml chopped fresh coriander
25g plain flour
300ml lamb stock
50g canned chickpeas, drained
5ml ground cumin
225g filo pastry
115g "no need to soak" dried apricots
1 courgette, sliced
25g melted butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F, Gas 5.
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add the minced lamb and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the onion, fresh coriander and flour and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock and chickpeas.
- Season to taste and stir in the cumin.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Line a deep ovenproof dish with flour sheets of filo pastry.
- Spoon in the mince mixture.
- Top with dried apricots and courgette.
- Lay two sheets of filo pastry on top of the filling and brush with the melted butter.
- Fold the remaining sheets on top.
- Pour on the remainder of the butter and cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve with freshly cooked vegetables.
Ready made filo pastry is easy to use and very effective in appearance. This sheets of folded pastry encase a lightly spiced, fruity lamb filling to give a tasty and attractive pie.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Dessert Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |