Boiled Fruit Cake Recipes
Boiled Fruit Cake Recipe
wholemeal self raising flour
self raising flour
bicarbonate of soda
- Place butter, sugar and dried fruit in
- Drain the can of pineapple.
- Add the juice to the saucepan.
- Reserve the fruit.
- Slowly bring the fruit mixture to the
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the fruit
mixture to cool completely.
- Stir in the egg, both flours,
bicarbonate of soda and reserved pineapple flesh.
- Lightly grease a baking tin.
- Spoon in the cake mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour,
or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center.
To store - Store the cake in an
airtight container, preferably lined with waxed paper.
Here is a delicious cake packed with
carbohydrate. The fat levels are reasonably high, so you'd need to limit
the number of slices you eat. Fortunately, the cake stores well.
Makes : 1 x 20 cm (8") square cake
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Dessert Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |