Baked Custard Recipes
Baked Custard Recipe
of vanilla extract
of grated nutmeg
- Lightly beat together the eggs and sugar.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk until it begins to foam at the edges (scald).
- Gradually add the scalded milk to the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish or dishes.
- Sprinkle over a little grated nutmeg.
- Stand the baking dish in a larger, ovenproof dish.
- Carefully pour enough hot water into the outer dish to reach two thirds up the outside of the baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven - 40 minutes for individual dishes, 50 minutes for one big dish - or until lightly browned and set in the center.
- Serve baked custard hot or cold.
- If you like, serve with Dried Fruit Compote.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetable Dessert Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |