Swiss Cheese Puffs Recipe
Swiss Cheese Puffs Recipes
1/2 pt single cream, heated to lukewarm
2 oz soft white breadcrumbs, made from
3 oz Gruyere or Emmental cheese, very
1 oz blanched almonds, skinned, lightly
toasted, finely chopped
1/2 tsp prepared English mustard
1/2 tsp salt
3 drops lemon juice
- Separate eggs, dropping yolks into
one bowl and whites into another.
- Beat warm cream into egg yolks
then stir in crumbs, cheese, almonds, mustard and salt.
- Mix well, cover, leave to stand 30
- Whip egg whites and lemon juice to
a stiff snow.
- Fold into the cheese and
- When smooth and evenly combined,
transfer to 4 individual heatproof dishes, first well-greased.
- Bake 20-30 minutes in moderately
hot oven, 400F, gas 6.
- Remove from oven, garnish with
watercress and serve straight away.
Feather-light and warm golden brown,
these little Cheese puffs are a cross between a soufflé and bread
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetarian - Side Dishes Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |