3.5 fl oz olive oil
12 oz onions, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lb red and yellow pepper, cored,
1 lb ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan,
add the onions and garlic and fry gently until they are lightly
- Add the peppers, cover and cook
over a gentle heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and season well
with salt and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, until the peppers
are tender and the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce.
- If canned tomatoes are used, raise
the heat toward the end of the cooking time to evaporate the extra
- Check the seasoning and pour into
a serving dish.
- Serve hot or cold
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetarian - Side Dishes Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |