Parsnips With Almonds Recipe
Parsnips With Almonds Recipes
fresh chervil or parsley, to garnish
- Cook the parsnips in boiling salted water until almost tender.
- Drain well.
- When the parsnips are cool enough to handle, cut each in half
across it width.
- Quarter the wide halves lengthways.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the parsnips and almonds and cook gently, stirring and
turning the parsnips carefully until they are lightly flecked with
- Mix together the sugar and mixed spice, sprinkle over the
parsnips and stir to mix, then trickle over the lemon juice.
- Season and heat for 1 minute.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh chervil or parsley.
Parsnips have an affinity with most nuts, so you could substitute
walnuts or hazelnuts for the almonds.
Cooking Tip :
You could replace the mixed spice with Chinese five spice powder, if you
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetarian - Side Dishes Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |