Lancashire Cheese and Nut Puffs Recipe
Lancashire Cheese and Nut Puffs Recipes
8 slices white or brown bread
3 oz butter
2 tsp salad oil
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
4 oz Lancashire cheese, crumbled or grated
2 oz full-fat cream cheese
1 oz walnuts, finely chopped
1 egg, separated
2-3 drops of lemon juice
1 oz flaked almonds
- Cut bread into rounds with a 3
inch biscuit cutter. (keep edges for crumbs)
- Heat 2 oz butter, oil and garlic
in frying pan.
- Add bread, 2-3 rounds at a time,
and fry until golden brown and crisp on both sides, drain.
- Soften remaining butter then beat
until smooth with both cheeses, walnuts and egg yolk.
- Season to taste with salt and
- Beat egg white and lemon juice to
a stiff snow.
- Gently fold into cheese mixture.
- Spread over fried bread rounds,
sprinkle with almonds and grill until topping puffs up and the nuts
turn golden brown.
- Serve straight away.
A rich starter made with rounds of
bread fried in garlic butter and topped with soft cheese, nuts and egg.
It is on the filling side, so follow with a light main course and sweet
based on fruit.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Vegetarian - Side Dishes Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |