Cheesy Peppers Recipe
Cheesy Peppers Recipes
well shaped red or green peppers
tomatoes or 440g canned tomatoes
fat cottage cheese
cooked brown rice
fresh chopped basil or 1 tsp dried
- Cut a shallow slice off the stalk
end of each pepper to make 'caps' and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, scrape out
the seeds and white membrane from the pepper.
- Two thirds fill a large saucepan
with water and bring to the boil.
- Add the capsicum and boil for 2
- Remove and drain well.
- Set aside.
- Using fresh tomatoes: peel and
- Using canned tomatoes: drain well
and retain juice.
- Combine the two cheeses, stir in
the tomatoes, rice, spring onions, basil, parsley and black pepper.
- In a clean, dry bowl, whisk the
egg whites until stiff.
- Carefully and lightly, fold into
the cheese mixture.
- Carefully spoon the cheese mixture
into the capsicum shells.
- Cover each filled capsicum with a
- Stand the capsicum, upright, in a
shallow baking tray.
- Pour 125ml of water into the base
of the tray or, if using canned tomatoes, use the reserved juice.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35
- Arrange the capsicum on a plate
and spoon over the cooking liquids.
- Serve immediately.
Serve the capsicum hot, with a grilled
fish, meat or poultry.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Savory, Snacks Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |