aubergine, washed and cut into small cubes
onion, roughly chopped
red peppers, seeded and diced
of celery, sliced
canned tomatoes, chopped
olives, halved and pitted
- Sprinkle cubed aubergine with
- Place in a colander, cover with a
plate and weigh down (a pan of water makes a good weight) for 20-30
- This helps remove excess moisture
and acidity from the aubergine.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan
bring the 2 tbsp of water to a simmer.
- Add the onion, red pepper and
celery, simmer, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Rinse aubergine under cold running
- Use paper towels to pat completely
- Add aubergine and tomato to the
- Return to a medium heat and cook
for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the olives, garlic, capers,
vinegar and sugar.
- Season with black paper to taste.
- Simmer gently over medium heat for
15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately.
As an accompaniment : This dish
can be served hot or chilled. It is an excellent side dish for both meat
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Savory, Snacks Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |