Watercress and Potato Soup Cooking Recipe
Watercress and Potato Soup Cooking
size potatoes, peeled and diced
- Wash the watercress thoroughly.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the leaves for
garnish and chop the remaining leaves and stems into small pieces.
- Put the butter in a 2 quart
microwavable casserole and microwave on high 100% for 20 seconds.
- Add the onion and celery and
microwave, uncovered, on high 100% for 2-3 minutes until the onion
- Add the chopped watercress,
potatoes, chicken broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high 100%
for 15-18 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or
food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return the puree to the casserole
and stir in the cream.
- Microwave on high 100% for 2
minutes, until the soup is very hot.
- Garnish with the reserved
watercress leaves just before serving.
The peppery flavor of watercress combines
well with potatoes to make this smooth, creamy soup. Serve it hot or
chilled - it is delicious either way.
Cooking Tip :
Use the microwave to precook potatoes,
turnips and rutabagas quickly for mashed and pureed dishes.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Root Crops Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |