Potato Patties Recipe
Potato Patties Recipes
butter or margarine
mushroom stock, including mushrooms
- Cook potatoes until tender, drain
- Mash potatoes with half the butter
and most of the egg until thoroughly blended.
- If mixture is too liquid to hold
its shape, add a little flour, beat in well.
- Place potato dough on a floured
- Work it into a thick rectangle.
Roll out into a piece about 25-30cm long.
- Cut into rounds, add a few
mushrooms to each.
- Fold over to form a crescent and
press edge together.
- Brush with remainder of egg, coat
- Melt rest of butter in a pan and
fry patties carefully on high heat.
- Add about half the patties only at
any one time, to avoid burning.
- Brown patties on each side, 3-5
minutes, turning carefully with a flat knife.
- When cooked, remove from pan to
crumpled kitchen paper to soak up excess fat.
- Place in a serving dish, add
mushroom stock to sour cream.
- Blend well, serve sauce separately
in a sauce boat.
To Prepare mushroom stock:
- Add 50g dried mushrooms to 1 liter
of water in a large saucepan.
- Soak for 4-8 hours.
- Bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until
mushrooms are tender.
- Remove mushrooms, drain and chop.
- Use in sauces or fillings.
- Strain stock.
- Freeze or refrigerate for several
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Root Crops Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |