Gratin Dauphinois Recipe
Gratin Dauphinois Recipes
1 garlic clove, halved
3 oz butter, softened
2 lb waxy potatoes, sliced into thick
freshly grated nutmeg
12 fl oz hot milk
8 fl oz single cream
salt and pepper
- Rub the cut garlic clove round the
inside of a baking dish.
- Brush the dish thickly with some
of the softened butter.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes in the
bottom of the dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper, grated nutmeg.
- Continue making layers of
potatoes, seasoning each layer, until they are all used.
- Mix together the hot milk and
cream, pour the mixture over the layered potatoes, make sure that
the potatoes are almost totally covered by the liquid.
- Dot the top with remaining butter
and bake in oven, 350F, gas mark 4, 60-75 minutes, until the
potatoes are tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Increase oven temperature to 400F,
gas mark 6 for 10 minutes to brown the top layer of potatoes.
- Ready to serve.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Root Crops Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |