Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipes
1 lb sweet potatoes
8 oz cooking apples, peeled, cored,
4 oz light brown sugar
4 tsp grated orange rind
3 tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tsp ground mixed spice
1 oz butter
2 tbsp medium sherry
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of
salted boiling water for 30 minutes, drain.
- Peel off the potato skins and cut
the flesh into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix with apple slices in a 1 liter
- Put the sugar, orange rind, orange
juice, mixed spice, butter, sherry, and salt to taste, stir over low
heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour over the potatoes and apples.
- Cook, uncovered, in a oven, 350F,
gas mark 4, for 60 minutes, stir, until the potatoes are tender and
lightly browned, and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Ready to serve.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Root Crops Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |