Piccalilli Cooking Recipe
1 lb small courgettes, sliced
2 lb cauliflower florets
12 oz green beans, sliced
1 lb small pickling onions, skinned
1/2 large cucumber, peeled and diced
10 oz salt
6 oz sugar
2 pints white distilled vinegar
3 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp turmeric
1.5 oz mustard powder
3/4 oz ground ginger
- Place a layer of vegetables in a
large glass or ceramic bowl and cover with a good sprinkling of
- Continue to layer vegetables and
salt until all the vegetables are used.
- Cover the bowl and leave to stand
for 24 hours.
- The next day, drain the liquid
from the vegetables that has resulted from the salting, then rinse
the vegetables under cold running water to remove any undissolved
- Place the vegetables in a large
stainless steel pan and add the sugar and 1.5 pints of the vinegar.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for
15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Blend the flour and spices with
the remaining vinegar, add to the pan and stir.
- Increase the heat and allow to
boil briskly for no more than 3 minutes.
- Spoon into jars, filling each jar
to within 1/2 in of the top.
- Screw on vinegar-proof lids while
the pickle is still hot and leave to cool.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Preserve Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |