Carrot and Almond Preserve Recipe
Carrot and Almond Preserve Recipes
baby carrots, chopped
chopped blanched almonds
rum to measure
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon or lime
granulated sugar, to measure
- Place the carrots in a deep pan
and just cover them with water.
- Simmer until the carrots are quite
- Drain, then blend in a food
processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Turn out into a large mixing bowl
which you have previously weighed.
- Now weight the bowl with the purée
to find the weight of the purée, and note it down.
- Add an equal weight of sugar, then
mix in the lemon rind and 1 tbsp of juice.
- Simmer the mixture gently over a
moderate heat until the preserve thickens.
- It should come away from the sides
of the saucepan.
- At the last moment stir in the
almonds and 1 tbsp rum for each 500 g carrot purée (the weight that
you noted down).
- Pour preserve into sterilized jars
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Preserve Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |