Sprout Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Sprout Stuffed Tomatoes Recipes
4 large tomatoes
50 g Mung chinese bean sprouts
50 g alfalfa sprouts
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
- Remove the stalks from the
- Turn them upside down and cut off
a "lid" from the bottom of each tomato.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Scoop out most of the tomato flesh
and put through a sieve.
- Chop the bean sprouts and alfalfa
sprouts and mix with the tomato flesh, chives, oil, lemon juice and
plenty of salt and pepper.
- Fill the tomato cases and replace
- Chill before serving.
These make an attractive first course
or an accompaniment to other dishes in a buffet meal. Large Beefeater or
Marmande tomatoes are the best to use.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |