Spinach and Chickpea Flan Recipe
Spinach and Chickpea Flan Recipes
1 quantify short crust pastry
6 oz spinach
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp turmeric
7 oz canned chickpeas, drained
2 eggs, lightly beaten
7 fl oz single cream
pinch of grated nutmeg
salt and pepper
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly
floured surface, and use to line a deep, 8 inch flan tin.
- Prick the base; chill for 20
- Line the pastry case with
greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans or dried beans.
- Bake in oven 400F, gas mark 6, 10
- Lift out the paper and beans and
bake for 10 minutes until light golden brown.
- Place the spinach in a large
saucepan with just the water left on the leaves.
- Heat gently for 3-4 minutes until
the spinach wilts.
- Drain in a colander, pressing down
firmly with a wooden spoon to squeeze out excess moisture, and chop
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add
onion, garlic and turmeric, fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas and spinach,
remove from heat and spread over the pastry case.
- Beat the eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt
and pepper together and pour into the pastry case.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until firm
and golden, and serve.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |