Soya Pâté Recipe
Soya Pâté Recipes
225 g soya beans
1 medium onion
25 g butter
2 tbsp tomato pureed
2 tbsp chopped black olives
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
pinch of salt
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Soak the beans overnight in cold
- Drain the beans well, cover in
fresh water and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes, cover and
simmer for about 2.5 hours until the beans are very soft.
- Drain well.
- Chop the onion finely and cook in
the butter until soft and golden.
- Mash the beans well and stir in
the onion and butter, tomato purée, olives, parsley and salt.
- Put the sesame seeds into a small
pan and toss over low heat until lightly browned.
- Stir into the bean mixture.
- Spoon into a serving dish and
chill for 30 minutes before serving.
A useful spread for toast or biscuits,
with the smooth paste offset by crunchy sesame seeds.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |