Southern Baked Beans Recipe
Southern Baked Beans Recipes
225 g haricot beans
600 ml water
1 large onion
2 celery sticks
1 red pepper
1 tbsp black treacle
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp mustard powder
salt and pepper
- Soak the beans in cold water
- Drain well and cover with cold
- Bring to the boil, cover and
simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain and reserve 300 ml cooking
- Chop the onion and slice the
celery and pepper.
- Skin the tomatoes and chop the
- Mix the vegetables together.
- Arrange the beans in alternating
layers with the vegetables in a casserole.
- Mix the reserved liquid with black
treacle, tomato purée, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt
- Pour into the casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350F, Gas 4 for
- Serve hot
Beans with a rich tomato flavored
sauce which make a good meal if served with plenty of wholemeal bread,
or which may be an accompaniment to other dishes.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |