Roman Lentils Recipe
Roman Lentils Recipes
450 g lentils
2 medium onions
2 garlic cloves
150 ml olive oil
675 g tomatoes
salt and pepper
- Cover the lentils with cold water
and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Chop the onions finely and crush
- Heat the oil and cook the onions
and garlic until soft and golden.
- Skin and deseed the tomatoes and
chop the flesh roughly.
- Add to the onions and stir over
low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils and cooking liquid
and season well with salt and pepper.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring
well, for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Serve this with plenty of crusty white
or wholemeal bread, or serve as an accompaniment to lamb or pork dishes.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |