Rocky Mountain Bean Casserole Cooking Recipe
Rocky Mountain Bean
Green Northern or kidney beans
cooked bacon, crumbled
- Rinse the beans thoroughly and put them in a 3
quart microwavable casserole.
- Add 3 cups of water, cover and microwave on high
100% for 10-15 minutes, until boiling.
- Stir the beans and let stand, covered for at
least 1 hour.
- Drain in a colander.
- Return the drained beans to the casserole.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of water, the onion,
bacon, salt and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high 100% for 12-15
minute, until boiling.
- Stir the beans, cover again and cook on medium
50% for 35-50 minutes, until the beans are tender, stirring after 10
- Let stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar and dry mustard.
- Cover and microwave on medium 50% for 11/2
minutes, stirring after 45 seconds.
This substantial bean casserole keeps for
several days in the refrigerate and will round out any meal from a
simple lunch to a late night supper.
Cooking Tip :
Pick through dried beans, discarding
broken beans and any stray stones or other debris. Rinse them thoroughly
under running water before soaking.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Peas, Beans, Pulses Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |